I think we all have issues with our ego at times. So what is our “ego’s self-will” and what is our authentic “self?”
Why is our ego so influential? Ego is any image we have of ourselves that gives us a sense of identity. We seem to be ever searching of “who we are and where we belong.”
Our ego can act like a protective shell, like armor, that separates us from other people and the outside world.
Our self, our true selves, is grounded in the present reality with an increased awareness of authenticity.
- is that part of you which is connected to a higher being
- is something usually associated with positive emotions
- is assured and quiet
- has increased awareness
- remains in the present moment
- is that sense of self-importance that you have when you compare yourself with others.
- inflated feeling of pride in your superiority to others
- is loud and self-important
- is attributed to negative emotions
- feelings of inferiority or self-hatred
- an overinflated sense of self
- is associated with repetitive “stink’en think’en”
We have to be gentle with ourselves, baby steps. It’s not easy letting go of something we feel protects us. In a way, our ego may have served us at one time. Now, we can let go of our ego’s self-will and focus on our true self of authenticity.