What ever you choose, make sure it is fun and pleasurable to you. The main idea is for you to make time for yourself. It’s not always easy, especially when you have overwhelming responsibilities or physical limitations. Just keep trying and take time for fun, play, and recreation.
The following list is more planned and is not feasible for everyone, but it’s what we think of when it comes to outdoor activities.
- Hiking and camping
- Canoeing, kayaking and rafting
- Sailing and motor boating
- Rock Climbing
- Horseback riding
This list might be a little simpler, it must be fun and/or pleasurable to you.
- Biking (maybe, I would do well with a three-wheeler)
- Swimming (dog paddling and floating are fine)
- Just get out and walk, see nature, smell the flowers
- Try your hand at pressed flowers
- Learn about the language of flowers
- Board/card games
- Horse shoes
- Read a good book
- Dance, freestyle at home or take a class
- Play music you listened to in your youth and dance
- Visit free museums
- Search Pinterest for DIY ideas (a never ending list)
- Plant some seeds in a pot
- Water Balloon fight (maybe, would be fun)
- Try a new recipe (international cooking?)
- Have a quiet, spa night at home
- Try writing/journaling
- Writing short stories or poems (I love making up poems)
- Catch up on binge TV shows/movies
- Write your own positive affirmations and place them everywhere. Remember positive wording.
DIY activities like (must be fun, not stressful or work related):
- Wreathes (remember the language of flowers?)
- Stained Glass
- Drawing Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain* I have this book, an older version, but find it fun and helpful.
- Make play dough or slime with young ones, add a scent
- Learn to knit or crochet, make a scarf
Speaking of carving out time for yourself, remember your quiet time for practiced relaxation and self-care.
P.S. Would you like to be a part of our email list, receive our monthly newsletter, weekly blog posts, or weekly affirmations? Here’s the link, remember, you can always unsubscribe at any time.
*As an affiliate of amazon, I may receive a small percentage (at no extra cost to you) if the products listed are purchased.